Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Project1 Refection

The process of this project was slightly different than I am used to at my home University. Here, we researched as a group and at the same time came up with concepts. At home, the research and "process" of coming up with concepts lasts for a longer period of time. Here I was immersed in my chosen concept from the very beginning. This could be good and bad. On one hand, here you will spend the majority of the time developing the concept you have chose, and therefore it will look complete. However, since the research/development phase is so much shorter, this could negatively affect the overall concept and purpose of the final design. Having this background, of importance of project research INSIGHTS, I feel my project was well influenced by thorough research.


When I began working on the model, I was very nervous because I didn't know if my mini-models would translate well onto the real material I was using. I decided I would up-cyle wool from a stained coat to make the model and decided that would be a feasible option for low-cost and low-earth-impact manufacture. The final model came out kind of cute! I was hoping it wouldn't be "too cute" so that many ages of children would want to use it, and I feel I succeeded. It has a "muppet" look for younger kids- while at the same time having an "UglyDolls" (popular stuffed animal in the US) appeal for older kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment